The footbridges for passengers are equipments connecting terminal to planes, and obviously an increasing way of moving people in airports. This guide aims at presenting footbridges to operators working in airports or airport managers. This guide deals with:
- The various types of footbridges,
- Their technical characteristics,
- The international standards which they have to comply with,
- The advantages and the drawbacks of footbridges in general and of various types in particular,
- The economic impact of their implementation.
This guide includes a practical method for the choice of a footbridge among the multiple possible alternatives.