Considerable progress has been made in the fight against rising cracks for both new aircraft pavements and others, provided that the method chosen is appropriate to treat the problem. Certainly the reappearance of the cracks is only deferred, but that postponement is very significant particularly in terms of maintenance costs.
This guide is for designers and project managers to assist them in choosing the most appropriate solution. It explains:
- the difference between shrinkage cracks and fatigue cracks,
- propagation of a crack in a structure,
- ways to mitigate effects of cracking on new construction,
- maintenance techniques to mitigate the effects of reflective cracking
- tables to assist in the selection of the appropriate technique.